Yelanda Swart is a young South African Musician. She’s a singer/songwriter born and bred in the Eastern Cape, South Africa.
She was only 3 years old when she first sang with a microphone. Yelanda is a dynamic and talented young lady.
In Primary School she was a choir member for the Junior and Senior choir. She was also in Fantasia, the Framesby High School choir.
Her first singing competition was in 2009 in a local competition, Golden Dreams. It is a local talent show and learning school that helped her discover her path.
She started singing from a very early age. When asked, she performed in churches, Frail Care centers, weddings, high teas, festivals and Modeling competitions.
During the 2010 World Soccer Cup in South Africa, FIFA ask her to entertain the soccer supporters at Kingsbeach, Port Elizabeth.
She also won Framesby’s Got Talent and sang solo’s at her school’s Revue.
- She loves to reach out to the Community. She does a variety of community and charity work.
- Participates in CANSA Candle of Hope – fundraising rally during the night at Kemsley Park, Port Elizabeth.
- Fundraising shows for multiple orphanages
- Sang at Morewag Primary School. Telkom handed out stationery for under privilege children.
- Helped with Pippi’s fundraising. The 2 year old toddler who was severely burned.
- Multiple fundraising shows for people in serious need.
- AMTC (Actors, Models and Talent for Christ).
- She was scouted to go to Orlando, Florida.
Since 2009 she has been one of the Top 20 singers in the Eastern Cape.
She participated in various competitions in the Eastern Cape. She always wins her age group category. She also won the Mini WOW Star more than once. All ages compete for this prestigious competition. Ages vary from 6 years to 80 years. She also won the trophy in 2010 – For most improved singer.
In 2010 and 2011 she represented Eastern Cape at Rusternburg at the South African Championships for Performing Arts. 2011 she won 11 Medals.
She was chosen for Team South Africa to represent South Africa at the World Championships for Performing Arts, in Los Angeles, America. She won 3 medals in the 4 categories she competed in against 35 countries in Los Angeles.
She wrote her first song in 2011 – ALLEEN SONDER JOU. It was on the playlist of a local radio station Bayfm, Port Elizabeth. This song was on the Top 5 ‘local radio – Bayfm’ for 15 weeks. She has multiple original songs that she wrote and quite a few are on her album Koekeloer.
Give us a Call
Get In Touch
Have a general question or just want to say hi?